Croydon Council require evidence-based data for any traffic infringements or damage to the WURA roads. This isn’t just for the HGVs involved in the construction work, but should cover any obstruction or blockage, except those for the short period required for a delivery.
Construction traffic is required to conform to the Council stated rules which now form part of each site’s logistics plan. Vehicles should enter at the Kenley Station end of Welcomes Road and depart via Hayes Lane by turning right.
Any HGVs travelling in the opposite direction, reversing or maneuvering to turn (except, of course, to access their site) are contravening these rules and should be reported.
Any damage caused to the road surface or kerbside should also be reported.
Please email details to the WURA secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be a useful report, the following information MUST be included:
- The name of the contractor on the vehicle and its registration number – ideally a photograph showing one or the other.
- The location of the incident (outside which house number or junction, for example)
- The date and time of the incident
- A statement regarding the incident – whether the vehicle was moving, reversing, parked, the direction of travel, etc.
- If the incident is associated with damage to the road or property frontage, a picture of the damage caused.