Information for Residents
Payable Annually from 1st April no later than 30th June each year. The rates for 2022 are:
|Band C||£63 (previous year £57)|
|Band D||£72 (previous year £65)|
|Band E||£88 (previous year £80)|
|Band F||£104 (previous year £94)|
|Band G||£119 (previous year £108)|
|Band H||£143 (previous year £130)|
Rates are adjusted every 3 years for inflation. Spur roads generally 50% of the rate with some exceptions.
If you want to pay by standing order or bank transfer please use the following details:
Payee: Welcomes and Uplands Road Association
Sort code : 30-91-72 (Lloyds Bank)
Account number : 02400865
If you cannot pay by standing order (levy due April each year) a cheque or cash is fine. Please use the WURA reference from your road levy invoice when making a bank transfer or standing order.
Note: Arrears of road levy need to be declared on Form TA6 when you sell your house. If you are in arrears with the Association you are legally required to disclose this information to your buyers and/or their solicitors when you complete form TA6.
If you live in a spur road and have to use Welcomes or Uplands Roads for access then the legal precedent of ‘benefit and burden’ applies. In other words you need to share the cost of maintaining WURA roads which are un-adopted private roads.
Thank you all those who continue paying the road levy on time avoiding the need for us to send chasers!
Council Contact Details and Other Useful Email Addresses and Contact Numbers
Highways and traffic:
- Highways improvements: email email@example.com
- Roadworks: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Traffic management: email email@example.com
- New road lining requests: email ParkingDesign2@croydon.gov.uk
- Street events: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Street cleaning: email email@example.com
- Traffic lights: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0343 222 1234. Transport for London (TfL) covers the maintenance of all traffic lights within the borough.
- Lamp columns, sign posts and signs attached to columns that are both illuminated and non-illuminated : email email@example.com. Also go to Council web site.
Green space and environment:
- Parks and green spaces including grass verges : email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trees : email email@example.com
- Fly tipping on the highways (public roads) : email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fly tipping : email email@example.com or call 0208 726 6000
- Overgrown vegetation on private property, antisocial behaviour, abandoned vehicles, fly tipping on private property, litter on private property, street trading or vehicle trading, illegal encampments, trade waste, graffiti : email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blockage or leaking from a private property onto the highways (public roads) : email email@example.com and the Environmental Enforcement team at firstname.lastname@example.org and / or the relevant water board (SES)
- Leaking or foul smells from roadside drains : website https://corporate.thameswater.co.uk/Contact-Us
- Bus stops : email email@example.com or call 0343 222 1234. Transport for London (TfL) covers the maintenance of all bus stops within the borough
- Red Routes : email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0343 222 1234. Transport for London (TfL) covers maintenance of all red routes within the borough. See the full list of TfL maintained roads on TfL web site.
Planning and development:
- Vehicle crossover (dropped kerb) applications: If you have any queries regarding applications, please email HighwaysMaintenance@croydon.gov.uk with your name and full address.
- Highway enforcement (developers/builders etc) : email HighwaysEnforcement@croydon.gov.uk or call 0208 726 7100. Emergencies only.
- Planning Enforcement Officer : email Michael.Amadi-Wuche@croydon.gov.uk
- Geoff James KENDRA Planning : email email@example.com
- Met Police https://www.met.police.uk/a/your-area/met/croydon/kenley/
- Report a crime call 101. Emergencies only: dial 999. twitter.com/MetCC
- Find out if car is taxed and MOT’d : website https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax